The Historic Preservation Committee was established by Ordinance: Section 400, Code of Ordinances
Five members are appointed by the Mayor, and serve 3 year terms.
|HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
|Nancy Walz||Chair||January 2025|
|Brian Mizoguchi||Vice-Chair||November 2024|
|Stan McLeod||Member||January 2024|
|Chris Keller||Member||November 2024|
|Pamela Parker||Member||June 2024|
|Stephen Paczkowski||Council Liaison|
The Garrett Park Historic District is a 154 acre residential community incorporated in 1898 along the B&O Railroad.
You are invited to view the Video Walking Tour of Garrett Park: Paths to the Present, Montgomery Connections History Project. (By Montgomery County Cable, run time is 15.02 minutes)The Town of Garrett Park was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 because it has been able to maintain its 19th Century village plan while accommodating over 100 years of growth. Garrett Park embodies an American living pattern that revolutionized theuse of land. The railroad caused profound cultural changes, enabling urban workers to commute, while living in what they perceived as a rural environment. View both the architectural styles of the town, and the interactive history map of individual houses.
There are detailed backgrounds on some properties on Kenilworth, Waverly, Montrose, and Strathmore Avenue.